HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
A Guide to Preparing for College
Print off a downloadable pdf version
- Browse college catalogs and websites for information.
- List 5-6 colleges that interest you.
- Take the PSAT in the fall.
- Take the SAT and/or ACT in the spring.
- Begin researching financial aid and private scholarships.
- Visit one or two of your college choices.
- Schedule AP courses for senior year.
Senior Year - Fall
- Make a calendar of key application and financial aid deadlines
- File applications for admission. Request high school to send transcript to colleges.
- Submit letters of recommendation, if required.
- Take SAT and/or ACT again, if necessary.
- Visit several more of your college choices.
- Begin applying for various scholarships.
Senior Year - Spring
- File FAFSA after January 1st, as soon as your tax return is completed.
- Continue search for scholarships
- Complete college visits.
- Prepare for AP exams.
- Submit enrollment deposit.
- Send official high school transcript.
- Celebrate your graduation.