Biology Position Available
The Department of Biology at the Franciscan University of Steubenville (FUS) invites applications for a full time, tenure track position to begin August 2014. FUS is an academically excellent and passionately Catholic university in the Franciscan tradition, located 24 miles west of Pittsburgh International Airport.
The successful candidate must:
- possess an appropriate Ph.D. at the time of employment;
- be committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service;
- support the Mission of the university.
The area of specialization is open but it should complement or augment the teaching and research needs of the department. The successful candidate will be expected to teach courses in his or her area of expertise as well as core courses for non-science majors. Candidates willing and able to teach in an additional core area of need are especially encouraged. Areas of particular need include: literature, the American founding, mathematics, and macroeconomics.
Candidates are expected to establish and maintain an active research program involving undergraduate students. Toward this end, the department’s core facilities include a small animal room, a mammalian cell culture room, as well as a variety of shared molecular biology research equipment.
To apply, please submit:
- a letter of application;
- curriculum vitae;
- evidence of undergraduate teaching effectiveness (including evaluations);
- a statement of teaching and undergraduate research philosophy;
- a statement on the mission of the Franciscan University of Steubenville;
- three letters of reference;
- official transcripts.
Send all above materials to:
Dr. Daniel Kuebler, Chair, Biology Search Committee, via firstname.lastname@example.org
or physically c/o
BJ Brehm, Academic Affairs
Franciscan University of Steubenville
1235 University Boulevard
Steubenville, OH 43952
Review of completed applications will begin on December 1, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled. E.O.E.