Krakow: Pilgrimage to World Youth Day 2016
Franciscan University of Steubenville will be leading a pilgrimage to World Youth Day
Franciscan University of Steubenville is pleased to announce initial plans for a World Youth Day 2016 Pilgrimage to Krakow, Poland. In case you haven’t heard yet, Krakow has been chosen as the site for the next WYD. How magnificent is that? What a blessing to have World Youth Day in the native land of Pope St. John Paul II, the founder of WYD. What an incredible opportunity it will be!
July 21 - August 4, 2016
Prices, Details, Registration
Estimated Package Price:
- All-inclusive 15-Day Package: $4,999* (taxes & fuel included in price, see brochure for full details)
Registration & Full Details
Download the full brochure for detailed itinerary, information, and registration form.
15 Days with Franciscan University of Steubenville
More than just WYD in Krakow...
- Visit Poland’s most important Marian Shrine, Our Lady of Czestochowa.
- Half-day trip to the famous Krakow Salt Mines, where the miners’ faith is shown in the amazing sculptures carved from salt.
- Guided tour of Krakow, where John Paul II was bishop before becoming pope.
- Krakow lodging at 4-star centrally located Qubus hotel.
- Visit the Auschwitz Concentration Camp.
- In Salzburg, ride the tram up to an historic fortress overlooking the city.
- Tour Vienna, see the Hapsburg Imperial Palace, home to the rulers of the Holy Roman Empire.
- Stay in Gaming, Austria, in the foothills of the Austrian Alps, at a beautifully restored 14th century monastery that is home to Franciscan University’s study abroad program.
- Breakfast and dinner or lunch included in package price.
A letter from Father David Pivonka, TOR
Peace and Blessings,
It is still over two years away and I am already getting excited. Franciscan University of Steubenville is pleased to announce initial plans for a World Youth Day 2016 Pilgrimage to Krakow, Poland. In case you haven’t heard yet, Krakow has been chosen as the site for the next WYD. How magnificent is that? What a blessing to have World Youth Day in the native land of St. Pope John Paul II, the founder of WYD. What an incredible opportunity it will be!
I would like to invite you to join Franciscan University for WYD 2016. We will begin our pilgrimage in Austria, one of the most beautiful countries in all of Europe. Some of our stops include Royal city of Vienna, the charming village of Salzburg, and historic Munich. We will then join about a million of our closest Catholic friends in Krakow, Poland. While in Krakow, we will participate in all WYD activities among which will be a visit to the Divine Mercy Shrine as well as Wadowice, the birthplace of Blessed John Paul II.
We will also visit Auschwitz, simply one of the most powerfully moving places you will ever visit. And no visit to Poland would be complete without a visit to our Mother. We will spend time in Czestochowa and bask in the graces present from the prayers of the black Madonna.
Please prayerfully consider joining Franciscan University for the opportunity of a lifetime.
There is no doubt that you, your youth group, young adult group, or faith community will be richly blessed.
Know of my continued prayers for you,
Sincerely in Christ,
Father David Pivonka, TOR