The Jefferson Metropolitan Housing Authority provides housing to low income individuals on a first-come, first-served basis. Completion of an application is required to be considered for housing through the Jefferson Metropolitan Housing Authority. In addition, current campus residents who are applying to live in JMHA housing must fill out the appropriate paperwork with the Student Life Office in order to receive permission to live off campus.
All applicants must apply at the Jefferson Metropolitan Housing Authority Leasing Office. You can expect the following:
- ALL Household members need to be present at the time the preliminary application is being completed.
- All status paperwork from Franciscan University must be provided to JMHA at this time.
- After the preliminary application is completed, processing will begin which involves collecting background information. You will be notified when this process is complete.
- Once the process is complete, ALL Household members will need to return to the Leasing Office with Social Security cards, Birth Certificates, and verification of any income received. At this time, any remaining paperwork will be completed. You will be contacted when an appropriate size unit is available.
Changes in Household Composition
- Any member moving out must submit a written notice to management, accompanied by the Head of household.
Adding on a Household Member
To add on a household member, the following steps must be followed or you will be in violation of your lease:
- Head of household must notify JMHA Management in writing of their desire to add a new member to their household.
- Head of household must make an appointment with JMHA Management in order to complete the required paperwork. The Head of household MUST accompany the applicant at this appointment. The applicant must bring their Social Security card, Birth Certificate, and verification of any income to the appointment.
- Applicant will be notified when eligibility is determined.
The JMHA Office is located at the following address:
Jefferson Metropolitan Housing Authority
815 North Sixth Ave.
Steubenville, OH 43952
740-282-0994 Ext. 42 or 43