Bulletin for the week of December 7, 2014
Regular Mass and Confession Schedule
View the Full Schedule.
This week's readings
- 7 Sun: 2nd Sunday of Advent— Is 40:1-5,9-11/2 Pt 3:8-14/Mk 1:1-8.
- 8 Mon: The Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Patronal Feastday of the United States of America, Patron and Queen of the Seraphic Order —Gn 3:9-15,20/Eph 1:3-6,11-12/Lk 1:26-38.
- 9 Tues: Advent Weekday or St. Juan Diego Cuauhlatoatzin, Hermit —Is 40:1-11/Mt 18:12-14.
- 10 Wed: Advent Weekday—Is 40:25-31/Mt 11:28-30
- 11 Thurs: Advent Weekday or St. Damasus I, Pope— Is 41:13-20/Mt 11:11-15
- 12 Fri: Our Lady of Guadalupe
- —Is 48:17-19/Mt 11:16-19 13 Sat: St. Lucy, Virgin & Martyr- Sir 48:1-4/9-11/Mt 17:9a,10-13. 14 Sun: 3rd Sunday of Advent — Is 61:1-2a,10-11/1 Thes 5:16-24/Jn 1:6-8,19-28.
Evangelistic Outreach Event
- Weekly Praise and Worship will resume for the Spring Semester on Tuesday January 20, 2015 at 9:00 p.m. in Christ the King Chapel.
- Festival of Praise will be held on Saturday, January 17 at 7:00 p.m. in the Finnegan Fieldhouse.
March for Life January 22, 2015
1. Log on to MyFranciscan.
2. Click on Student Financial Services tab.
3. Scroll down and click on Enter Payment Center (under the heading Franciscan Online Payment Center).
4. Click on the Make a Deposit tab.
5. Click on Tickets for March for Life Bus (on top right side of page)
6. Fill out your information and complete payment.
Solemn Vespers & Benediction
The final Solemn Vespers and Benediction will be held on Sunday, Decemeber 7 at 7:00 p.m. in Christ the King Chapel.
Finals and Christmas Break Mass & Confession Schedule
Tuesday December 9: Masses at 6:30 a.m., 12:05 p.m. & 4:45 p.m., Confessions- 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Wednesday December 10: Masses at 6:30 a.m., 12:05 p.m. & 4:45 p.m., Confessions- 7:30- 8:30 p.m.
Thursday December 11: Masses at 6:30 am. and 12:05 p.m., Last afternoon confessions- 3:30- 4:30 p.m.
Friday December 12: Masses at 6:30 a.m. and 12:05 p.m.
Saturday December 13th: Begins Christmas Break Schedule
12:05 p.m. Mass on Weekdays
10:00 a.m. Mass on Saturdays
10:00 a.m. Mass on Sundays
Wednesday December 24: Christmas Eve Vigil, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday December 25- Christmas Day Mass, 10:00 a.m.
NO MASSES SCHEDULED FRIDAY, DECEMBER 26th THROUGH SUNDAY, JANUARY 4th
Monday January 5: Mass at 12:05 p.m.
Project St. Nicholas
Christ the King Chapel's annual drive to collect money for Urban Missions. This year we are also partnering in mission with the Samaritan House.
Help underprivileged families this Christmas. You can participate in this charitable project by sending monetary donations to the Chapel Office. Please make all checks payable to: Franciscan University. There will be a secind collection at all Masses on the following Sundays: November 23rd, November 30th, and December 7th.
The Human Resources Department will collect food, clothing, and toys for families and children in need. Please bring new or gently used toys, children's books, adult and children's clothes, coats, and shoes (please- no broken items) and canned goods to Human Resources, 2nd floor of Starvaggi Hall between 8:30 and 4:30 beginning Monday November 17th until Tuesday December 9th. Please place clothing in large plastic bags. Boxes will be available to place all other items.
Let us show God's love to someone in a time of need! Won't you please make this season brighter for the needy in our local community?
May God Bless you for your generosity!
Creighton Fertility Care
The Creighton Fertility Care Introductory Session is on Thursday October 16th 2014 at 7:30 p.m. Engaged, married, and single women are welcome. Please call Mary Nelson, CFCP at 740-944-1337, or Stephanie L.S. Rivers, BA, FCP at 740-944-1276 for reservations and location.
Marriage Prep Program
Any engaged couple interested in participating in the Fall Marriage Preparation Program please stop in or contact Pam Salatino at the Chapel Office at 740-283-6276.
The components of the program include:
*Pre- Marriage Inventory: administered by Fr. Shawn Roberson, TOR. This is an on-line program that upon completion, Fr. Shawn will review the results with every couple.
*Pre-Cana Preparation: Catholic Engaged Encounter Weekend: November 21-24, 2014 at the Gilmary Retreat Center in Corapolis, PA.
*Natural Family Planning (NFP) Seminars: Stop in the chapel office for a copy of the NFP choices and dates.