Depression is a common problem in America today. Mild depression is our most common emotional disturbance and affects one in five individuals at some point in their lives. Depression can be treated successfully, but needs to be addressed and not ignored if the symptoms persist.
If you feel you are suffering from depression ask yourself the following questions:
- Have you lost interest in your friends and activities?
- Is your mood depressed most of the day?
- Has your appetite changed? Do you have a loss of appetite or has your appetite increased?
- Are you having difficulty sleeping? Do you sleep too much or can't fall asleep?
- Are you tired, lack energy and cannot concentrate?
- Do you have feelings of worthlessness?
- Do you have suicidal thoughts ?
- Do you have crying spells?
If you have answered yes to four or five of the above questions and your symptoms have persisted for 7-14 days, you should talk to a counselor for assistance. Contact our office to set up an appointment with a counselor.
Everyone experiences some or all of these symptoms at some time in their life, but when symptoms are SEVERE and LASTING professional help may be needed. Check for our additional resources on depression