Conference Budget & Adult Registration Manager
Date: August 14, 2014
Position Available: Conference Budget & Adult Registration Manager - SG8
Position Reports to: Director of Conference Operations
Department: Christian Outreach Office
FLSA Status: Exempt (Professional)
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., evenings and weekends
The Conference Budget & Adult Registration Manager works to ensure strict accountability of all Conference Office revenue and expenditures in support of the Franciscan University Summer Conferences. Additionally, this position manages each aspect of the Adult Conference Registration process by ensuring the highest quality customer service is provided for each registered conference guest.
1. Manage the day-to-day financial operations by ensuring timely payment on all invoices and contracts. Manage the preparation of the annual department budget, reporting to the Director of Conference Operations. Track and provide monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting for each of the summer conference department budgets. Plan, organize, and oversee accounts receivable for summer conferences and related seminars.
2. Perform and oversee adult conference event registration, data entry, payment, transfer, and refund processing for conferences and seminars.
3. Ensure efficient operation of on-line adult registration by obtaining knowledge of Cvent conference registration software to include troubleshooting, when necessary, while working alongside the Youth Registration Coordinator.
4. Manage the day-to-day registration operations; ensuring all conference and seminar inquiries are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
5. Assist the Youth Registration Coordinator in the planning and execution of on-site conference registration during the months of June and July.
6. Recruit, hire, train, and manage the SWOP student staff responsible for assisting with conference registration services.
7. Interact with and support various University departments requiring data and financial information.
8. Other job-related duties as assigned.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional duties, expectations and responsibilities may be added or changed as needed to meet the University's needs.
Must understand, support and embrace the mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville and possess the following:
Skills & Competencies:
1. Experience in financial accounting is preferred.
2. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Suite applications, to include database management, and other various spreadsheet applications.
3. Customer service knowledge and appropriate application is essential.
1. Customer/Service Focus
2. Decision Quality
3. Drive for Results
4. Interpersonal Skills
5. Project Management
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in business management, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of two years experience in data entry, computer record keeping and bookkeeping. Completed coursework in accounting is helpful.
• Ability to work and manage multi-faceted office operations.
• Familiarity with conference/event planning and management is helpful.
• Must be a team player that works well with others.
• Must possess excellent organizational and analytical skills as well as attention to detail.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends as necessary, especially in the summer
• Must understand and support the mission of Franciscan University
• Periodic travel, as required
Candidates must submit a resume, a list of three references, and a cover letter which demonstrates their fit for the position based on their experience, accomplishments and skills as well as their desire to advance the mission of Franciscan University.
Please apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For other information and job postings, visit our website at www.franciscan.edu.
Franciscan University of Steubenville is committed to principles of equal opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer.