Scholarship & Research
ASPIRE - Mission and Catholic Identity Assessment
In collaboration with other departments at Franciscan University, the Assessment Office is leading a study of the Catholic Identity of Franciscan University and how its mission is lived within various aspects of University operations. In order to achieve this goal, a content analysis is being undertaken to examine aspects of the University’s Mission Statement and the Philosophy of the Curriculum.Introductory Materials
- Preliminary proposal write up: Reviews the literature on Mission Statements and Catholic Identity. For internal audiences only, example available upon request.
- Examination of the Mission Study: Inter-rater reliability results of two reviewers (The Assessment Officer and the Assessment Data Administrative Specialist). Preliminary results of a calculation of inter-rater reliability among two researchers who have been through the process.
Content Analysis Materials
- Directions for the content analysis pdf
- Codebook pdf
- Units of the Mission Statement pdf
- Units of the Philosophy of the Curriculum pdf
- Alignment of the Mission Statement pdf
- Alignment of the Philosophy of the Curriculum pdf