STEUBENVILLE, OH—Franciscan University of Steubenville accounting students continue a quarter-century long tradition of assisting Ohio Valley residents with their income tax forms.
From February 19, 2013 to April 13, 2013, students will offer free e-filing assistance to local tax filers at a help site located at Center Court in Fort Steuben Mall. The students have completed an income tax course and passed an IRS training course through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program (VITA).
Students will prepare forms 1040EZ, 1040A, 1040 schedules A, B, and D, and forms for calculating education, child care, and earned-income credits. The free assistance is available to taxpayers with an income up to $51,000.
The tax assistance site will be open on:
- Tuesdays : 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays : 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Thursdays : 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Fridays : 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Saturdays : 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
The help site will be closed from March 9 to March 18 and from March 28 to April 1 due to spring and Easter breaks.