Priestly Discernment Program
Priestly Discernment Program Application Form
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Home Phone:
- Cell Phone:
- E-mail Address:
- Street Address 1:
- Street Address 2:
- ZIP Code:
- Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY):
- Date you intend to begin studies at Franciscan University (MM/DD/YYYY):
- Age at that time:
- You will enter Franciscan University as a:
- I already have at least a bachelor's degree and am coming only to obtain the pre-requisites for seminary.
- I possess the following degrees:
- I am pursuing a Master's degree in the following field(s):
- I am pursuing a bachelor's degree
- Expected date of graduation/completion of Priestly Discernment Program:
- Current grade point average:
IF YOU ARE BEING SENT HERE BY A DIOCESAN BISHOP (if not, continue below)
- Bishop's Name:
- Name of Diocese:
- Vocation Director's Name:
- Vocation Director's Phone Number:
IF YOU ARE NOT BEING SENT HERE BY A BISHOP
- Are you interested in?
- Diocesan Priesthood
- Religious Priesthood
- Religious Brotherhood
- Are you interested in a particular diocese or religious order? If so, in which one?
- Have you ever studied in a seminary or been affiliated with a religious community? If so, please describe the association.
- Why did you leave?
- How long have you been thinking about the priesthood/religious life?
- Who has assisted you in your vocational discernment?
- Describe your desire to be a priest/religious. Were there significant role models in your life? What are/were the central influences?
- Describe your understanding and perceptions of ministry.
- What strengths do you see in yourself?
- What weaknesses?
- What Spiritual practices are part of your life at the present time (e.g., Mass, prayer, etc.)?
- I was baptized a Roman Catholic in (provide year):
- I was not baptized in the Roman Catholic Church, but was received into her in (provide year):
- I was previously affiliated with (provide name of church/denomination/ecclesial community):
- I have received the following sacraments in the Roman Catholic Church:
- Please list any children and their ages:
- What do you expect from Priestly Discernment Program Household formation?
- What is your understanding of what is expected of you?
- Are you currently being treated by a physician for a physical/medical condition? If so, please explain.
- Do you take any medications on a regular basis? If so, please explain.
- Have you ever received professional counseling for any reason? If so, please explain.
- Please describe the makeup of your family during your growing up years; include mother, father, brother(s), sister(s), other family members who lived in the home.
- What were the most significant stressors in the family during those years (e.g., financial pressures, illness, death, frequent moves, substance abuse, relationship conflicts, etc.)? Please explain.
- Briefly describe your school experience. Include comments on both academic and social issues.
- Were you ever in the military? If yes, provide details (branch, years, rank attained, discharge information, significant events, etc.).
- Please comment on your employment history (i.e., types of jobs, periods of unemployment, notable accomplishments significant difficulties).
- Please comment on any legal involvements in your background (i.e., serious trouble with the law--arrests, convictions, legal suits, etc.--not minor infractions like traffic violations).
- Have you ever been treated for substance abuse? Please explain. Comment on any other types of compulsive or addictive behaviors in your background.
- What constitutes your current support system (i.e., what persons, groups, or organizations do you look to the most for personal support, strengthening, and encouragement)?
PLEASE SEND A CURRENT PHOTO OF YOURSELF BY EMAIL TO: