Assisi & Rome + Malta Option:
November 6 - 12, 2015
Optional 4 days in Malta, November 3 - 12, 2015
Prices, Details, Registration
Estimated Package Price:
- All-inclusive 7-Day Package: $3,095 + $650 taxes & fuel*(see brochure for full details).
- Malta Option (add-on): $870*(see brochure for full details).
Registration & Full Details
Download the full brochure for detailed itinerary, information, and registration form.
Assisi & Rome 7-Day Pilgrimage: November 6 - 12, 2015
- Round-trip economy class airfare on Alitalia Airlines: NY/Rome/NY.
- Five (5) nights accommodations in twin rooms with private facilities in first class hotels.
- Buffet breakfast and dinner daily, including a farewell dinner with wine and entertainment at Benito Restaurant in Rome.
Malta Option - 4 Additional Days: November 3 - 12, 2015
- Three (3) nights accommodations in twin rooms with private facilities in a first class hotel
- Service of a Peter's Way tour manager from arrival to departure
- All sightseeing, as per the attached itinerary, including destination arrival and departure transfers, in a private air-conditioned motor coach
- Entrance fees and admissions to all sites, as per itinerary
- Coordination of daily liturgies, as per the attached itinerary
- Portage of one piece of luggage per person at hotels overseas
- Donations to churches used in programs
- Portfolio of travel documents including a Peter's Way Tours flight packet
Please see the brochure for items not included in the package price
*departure taxes and fuel surcharges are subject to change
A letter from Father David Pivonka, TOR
Peace and Blessings,
I am pleased to invite you to join me on a pilgrimage to the heart of the Church, Rome, and the birthplace of St. Francis, Assisi.
Our pilgrimage will begin in Assisi where we will visit all the significant sites in Francis' life. We will pray in the San Damiano chapel where Francis heard the Lord's invitation to rebuild His church. We will visit the original San Damiano cross, which hangs in the Basilica of St. Clare, and pray before the body of our beloved St. Clare. Finally, we hope to celebrate Mass at Francis' tomb and we will pray at the Portiuncula chapel so dear to his heart.
We will then journey to Rome, the most significant city in the Church's great history. We will have the opportunity to visit holy churches such as the Basilica of St. Mary Major, the Cathedral of St. John Lateran, the Basilica of St. Paul Outside-the-Walls and, of course, the magnificent St. Peter's Basilica. We will also visit ancient historic sites such as the Roman Forum and the Coliseum.
All of these experiences will prepare us for an audience with our Holy Father, Pope Francis. What an amazing opportunity it will be to stand in St. Peter's Square with brothers and sisters from all over the world, praying with Pope Francis.
I have led more than twenty pilgrimages to Rome and Assisi and each one is singularly blessed. Please prayerfully consider traveling with Franciscan University on this holy journey. There is no doubt that you will be richly rewarded.
Sincerely in Christ,
Father David Pivonka, TOR
P.S. For those with a little extra time, consider joining me for a pre-extension trip to the beautiful and historically significant Mediterranean Island of Malta. A captivating island where St. Paul was.